Clark County Nevada
June 4, 2019
Veterans In Politics International (VIPI) discovered that Johnathan Jordan Wirsz an officer on The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) Foundation and Board Member, of the Las Vegas Justice Partnership, was arrested of Domestic Violence and pleaded to Battery. Wirsz was served with Temporary Protective Orders against him by two different women in two different states; Nevada and Washington.
Wirsz is now in Family Court acting like he is a citizen in good standings. Apparently, he fooled the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Foundation and the Las Vegas Justice Court Partnership, it doesn’t seem like they did any background check on this individual and if they did shouldn’t we choose principle over money?
Here is a photo in Nevada Business Magazine showing members of the Las Vegas Justice Court Partnership accepting $10,000 from Nevada State Bank. As citizens of this great community, isn’t it in our best interest to know the people that are representing our community?
Wirsz has been given hefty campaign donations to influential people in the county according to the information on the Nevada Secretary of State website…
Wirsz tried desperately to stifle the victim’s first amendment rights, in a failed attempt to re-victimize them.
From Ceceli Green Sr. Executive Assistant City Attorney | Civil Division in chronological order:
- On September 21, 2015, Magdalena Ocasio was the victim in a case against Jonathan Wirsz for battery domestic violence.
- On September 21, 2015, the victim contacted a victim advocate in our office to see if we had the case. Suzette told her that we had not yet received the case.
- On September 24, 2015, our office received a Request for Prosecution submitted by Det. C. Garcia (P#8913).
- On September 28, 2015, the case was approved for prosecution by DCA Martin Orsinelli.
- On September 29, 2015, we sent the victim our standard victim notification letter.
- On October 1, 2015, the complaint and summons were prepared and the summons was signed.
- On November 10, 2015, the case was scheduled for arraignment in Dept. 2 of Las Vegas Municipal Court.
- On November 10, 2015, no one appeared for the arraignment and the case went into a bench warrant.
- On December 28, 2015, the attorney for Wirsz, filed a motion to quash and which was granted by the court.
- On January 8, 2016, Suzette called the victim to let her know that case was taken out of warrant and had been set for trial on January 20, 2016. The victim was told that she would be receiving a subpoena for the trial date and asked her if she would like a court escort. The victim declined the escort. Suzette encouraged the victim to follow up with our office if she had any questions. That was the last our office heard from the victim until March 16, 2017.
- On January 18, 2016, the victim advocate spoke with the victim and told her to expect a subpoena. The victim was aware of the trial date. The City Attorney Investigator called the victim and did not receive a return call. As a result, no subpoena was served.
- On January 20, 2016, the victim did not appear in court and without a subpoena, the case would have been dismissed. As a result, the case was amended to a simple battery (rather than BDV) with a 90 day suspended jail sentence for a period of nine months. Wirsz was required to stay out of trouble, attend impulse control counseling, pay a fine totaling $305 and the conviction for a simple battery would stand.
- On January 20, 2016, the case was set directly for trial.
- On October 20, 2016, Wirsz completed all of his requirements in a timely fashion and the case was closed.
- On January 30, 2017, a new attorney for Wirsz contacted the City Attorney and indicated that the battery conviction was causing Wirsz problems with his CCW/employment. We did not see a problem with amending the charge because we already amended the charge to a simple battery and technically could have been dismissed by the Court on January 20.
- On May 8, 2017, Wirsz entered a plea to the disturbing the peace charge and the case was closed.
- On May 30, 2017, we were contacted by the Batter Domestic Violence Ombudsman with the Attorney General’s Office. The victim filed a complaint with their office. This office explained all facts to the Ombudsman.
- On May 31, 2017, at the conclusion, the Ombudsman completed her investigation and we agreed to continued good dialogue in the future.
Letter of Statement from Robert Medoff retired criminal Psychologist:
The victim tried desperately to get some type of justice but it fell on deaf ears:
From: Lena Ocasio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 11:44 AM
Subject: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/CASE#C1143246A
Dear Mr. Laxalt,
My name is Lena Ocasio and I am a long-time resident of Las Vegas, Nevada. I am a veteran of the United States Air Force and have been a Realtor in the valley since 2004. I am writing to you today, as I feel a great injustice has occurred in a case where I was the victim of domestic violence. On September 8, 2015, at approximately 5:30 pm, my ex-fiancé, Jonathan Jordan Wirsz aka Jordan Wirsz, came to pick up our 12-month-old daughter, Madilyn, from my residence located at 1716 Diamond Oaks Court, Las Vegas, NV 89117. As soon as I came outside holding Madilyn in one arm and her car seat in my other arm, Jordan immediately started berating me about breastfeeding Madilyn and yelling at me that I should not breast-feed her at night. When I told him I was not going to stop breastfeeding her at night, Jordan immediately began calling me names and cursing me out. Jordan took Madilyn out of my arms and buckled her in the car seat which I had placed on the sidewalk. As Jordan was bending down to buckle Madilyn in her car seat, he stomped hard on my foot causing me to scream in pain, as I was wearing sandals. Jordan then began pulling my hair while calling me “Cunt, Bitch, Whore”. He then grabbed my wrist and twisted my arm backward and pushed me causing me to lose my balance and almost fall on Madilyn, however, I was lucky enough to catch myself from falling on top of her. My neighbor happened to be walking by us as this occurred and witnessed the entire incident. I called Metro immediately and filed a police report. Metro did state there was probable cause for Jordan’s arrest, however, they were too busy to arrest him since he was no longer present at the scene of the crime.
Please note, this was not the first time I have called Metro on Jordan for Domestic Violence. I have called Metro approximately 4-5 times during the past several years. I have even sent Metro pictures of bruises from bodily injury caused by Jordan (see Event #1507093974). However, Metro was never able to determine who the primary aggressor was as there were no witnesses and those prior cases were closed.
This case, however, was not closed as there was a witness present and the case was sent to the City Attorney’s Office. On September 29, 2015, the City Attorney’s Office mailed me a letter stating they were going to proceed with prosecution for Battery/Domestic Violence against Jordan as they determined there was sufficient evidence (see below). On January 20, 2016, Jordan had a hearing. He originally plead “Not Guilty”, however, once the witness showed up (which I have text messages from Jordan confirming the witness showed up), Jordan’s attorney withdrew the “Not Guilty” plea and since it was his first offense, he made a plea deal with the prosecutor and the charges were lowered to “Battery” which Jordan plead guilty to. Jordan was ordered to pay a fine, take a class, and to “stay out of trouble”, which I was satisfied with and felt justice was served. I was never subpoenaed, therefore, I did not attend the hearing. Furthermore, at the time of the hearing, Jordan was being very amicable and I was able to see my 16-month-old baby girl daily, even though we had concluded a long custody battle where we were given joint custody of our daughter. I also felt that since I had given a written statement and there was a witness, which was sufficient evidence for the City Attorney’s Office to secure a conviction, which came to fruition (see below).
On October 20, 2016, the case was CLOSED and I, again, felt justice was served. However, during the course of 2016, Jordan became involved with local politics here in Las Vegas. He befriended judicial candidates on Facebook and then began making political contributions to their campaigns and attended numerous campaign events. Most significantly, he made donations to Justice Court Judge Harmony Letizia and Municipal Chief Judge Cedric Kerns via his corporations, Savant Investment Partners LLC and Sage Baron LLC (see below). In the fall of 2016, Jordan became a participant in LVMPD’s Citizens Police Academy and is currently a Board Member of “Friends of Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department”. Jordan has bragged on numerous occasions that he knows all the judges in town and has had lunch with Mayor Goodman and Sheriff Lombardo. He also bragged that Judge Cedric Kerns “Is my boy!”. Jordan started to intimidate me with all of his bragging and when I asked Jordan “Doesn’t Metro do background checks? How can you represent the community when you have a Domestic Violence Case against you?” he replied “Ha, Ha! Don’t worry, I’m having the case taken care of.” I grew very skeptical of Jordan’s motives and checked the Municipal Court’s website on March 10, 2017, and found that the case was re-opened on March 1, 2017, and there was a hearing on March 9, 2017, where Jordan withdrew his “Guilty” plea, and the charges were lowered to “Disturbing the Peace” (see below). I found this to be absolutely appalling as I was NEVER notified by the City Attorney’s Office. I never received a phone call, letter, or email that the case was re-opened. I immediately called the Victim’s Advocate’s Office for the City Attorney to inquire.
On March 16, 2017, I received a phone call from Suzette, who was assigned to the case. Initially, she was very confused about the case and stated she has “never seen this happen before”, where a case was CLOSED for months and then re-opened and the charges amended. She stated she would have to call me back once she had the physical file in her hands. When she did call me back, she stated I would have to contact her “boss” Ed Poleski who is the Deputy City Attorney and when I asked “who amended the charges?” she stated, “my boss did”. I immediately called Ed Poleski’s office and left him a voicemail. On March 20, 2017, Ed Poleski called me back and when I inquired about how and why the charges were being amended, he informed me that Jordan had hired a new attorney, “The Law firm of Gentile and Cristalli” and they filed a motion to amend the charges because the charges were “affecting Jordan’s work” and that it was his “job to make sure justice is being served”. When I asked him “how is justice being served when Jordan pulled my hair and twisted my arm backward all in front of our baby girl and you are lowering the charges to disturbing the peace??? How is that disturbing the peace? Disturbing the peace is when you play your car radio too loud in a neighborhood”. Mr. Poleski stated that “based on the circumstances of the case”, he agreed to amend the charges. When I asked, “what circumstances?” he stated “there was no testimony” from me as the victim. I asked him what “rights do I have as a victim?” and “why was I never notified?” Mr. Poleski was silent and gave me no response. He only stated, “I understand you are upset” and “this is rare”. When I asked him about the scheduled hearing on May 8, 2017, that is posted on the Municipal Court’s website, he stated that is for the arraignment for the new charges of “Disturbing the Peace”. I told him that “I will go and will testify”, he angrily replied, “you can show up, but you will not be allowed to testify”. I asked him a second time, “what are my rights as a victim?” and he was silent yet a second time.
It appears some form of corruption has transpired and I feel that because I do not come from a wealthy family nor am I involved with local politics, that I am being silenced and pushed to the side. If all it takes to erase the past is for an individual to make a few political contributions and attend political events, then our community is in serious trouble and is soaked with corruption. Did Judge Cedric Kerns do Jordan a favor in exchange for campaign contributions and have the City Attorney’s Office agree to amend the charges? Who did Jordan have “take care of the case”? I sincerely implore you to investigate this case and do all you can to help correct this wrong and assure justice is served.
I appreciate all your time and consideration. Please feel free to call me or email me if you have any questions.