“This is not promoting confidence in our Judiciary”
Clark County Nevada
December 4, 2020
Veterans In Politics International (VIPI) investigates; on December 22, 2019, we reported, Judge Committed Bankruptcy Fraud (see article: https://veteransinpolitics.org/2019/12/judge-committed-fraud-on-bankruptcy-filings/. Do you want to know what was done about it? Squat, nada, nothing! Surprised?
Where are our protector, the infamous, do nothing, the Nevada Judicial Disciplinary Commission? We know they chase down judges that have a potty mouth to their judicial staff. They are sincerely concerned and worried about what a judge is wearing under their robe. They are also demanding to know why a judge would leave a post note to another judge saying; wait for it, “Thinking of you Billy”.
Matthew Harter Clark County District Court Judge Family Division committed perjury and fraud and all we hear are crickets. The judge is a criminal, plain and simple! This is an embarrassment to the judiciary for not finding out about this and removing this criminal judge off the bench. Harter cannot be trusted to judge a bar-b-q burger competition. Let alone people’s lives!
In this year’s election, members of the Nevada State Bar, you allowed this criminal to run unopposed. Shame on you! “Mickey Mouse”, “The Joker”, or “The Riddler” could have beat this judge just by placing their name’s on the ballot but you cowards allowed Harter to get another six-year ride on the shoulders of taxpayers.
Members of the Nevada State Bar, you have a judiciary responsibility to report all crimes by any member of the bar once you have knowledge of the violation. Now, tag you are it!
You give us no choice we will file dozens of complaints and will not stop until this judge is disrobed!
This is why we need the “Remove or Retain” Assembly Bill to become a reality. What lawmaker has the heart and confidence of Nevada voters to ensure that this type of system becomes yesterday’s problems in an effort to minimize corruption on the bench? (see the article “A right not excised is a right lost” https://veteransinpolitics.org/2020/11/a-right-that-is-not-exercised-is-a-right-loss/).
Below is the complaint filed by Veterans In Politics International President:
a Complaint Against Judge Mathew Harter, p. 2 c
THE PARTIES— (1) Complaining Party: Steve Sanson, President of Veterans In Politics International, P.O. Box 28211, Las Vegas, Nev., 89126.
(2) Offending Judge: JUDGE MATHEW HARTER, (“HARTER”), Clark County Family Court Dept. “N,” 601 N. Pecos Rd., Las Vegas, Nev. 89101. THE FACTS—
(3) The Judge Files Bankruptcy: On Dec. 22, 2015, JUDGE MATHEW HARTER, (and his wife, Brandie P. Harter), filed for Ch. 7 bankruptcy in United States District Court, Las Vegas, Nev., [Public Case No. 15-17012-LEB].
(4) Official Form 122A-1: On Dec. 22, 2015, JUDGE MATHEW HARTER filed with the Bankruptcy Court Official Form “122A-1”—which discloses the debtor’s monthly income, [see Exhibit No. 1].
(5) Penalty of Perjury: JUDGE MATHEW HARTER signed Official Form “122A-1” under penalty of perjury, (dated Dec. 21, 2015), [see Exhibit No. 1].
(6) HARTER Discloses $-0- Income: Remarkably, JUDGE MATHEW HARTER’S “122A-1” form discloses a monthly income of $ -0-, [see Exhibit No. 1], which is odd because HARTER was working as a family court judge back in 2015, (and presumably receiving a salary). Complainant believes that HARTER falsely declared $-0- income in order to appear sufficiently “broke”—to have the standing to qualify as a legit debtor under the BK Code.
(7) HARTER Commits Perjury: Complainant believes that when HARTER reported to the bankruptcy court a monthly income of $-0-, HARTER committed straight-up perjury. Complainant further believes that the State of Nevada can easily corroborate that HARTER did, in fact, receive a salary in 2015.
(8) Transparent Nevada: According to Transparent Nevada, back in 2015, HARTER received an annual salary of $185,440.74 per year, (plus benefits of $56,419.61, for a total of $241,860.35 in compensation), [see Exhibit No. 2].
a Complaint Against Judge Mathew Harter, p. 3 c
(9) Undisclosed Single-Family Home: Just one month after filing bankruptcy, JUDGE MATHEW HARTER, on Jan. 23, 2016, took title to a single-family home in Logandale, Nev., [see Exhibit No. 3]. This single-family home was quitclaimed—to Judge HARTER—from one, “Michael L. Bolton.” Notably, the grantor, “Michael L. Bolton” had taken out a non-assumable V.A. mortgage loan—just months before he quitclaimed the property to the grantee, Judge HARTER. Remarkably, Judge HARTER never disclosed this $300,000 asset in his bankruptcy case.
(10) Mortgage Fraud: It appears that “Michael L. Bolton” (as borrower), defrauded the Veteran’s Administration because these types of V.A. loans require that borrowers reside in the home. Complainant is informed and believes that “Michael L. Bolton” does not live in the home; rather, Judge HARTER and his wife reside in the home.
(11) Single-Family Home—Deed Recorded: On May 6, 2016, HARTER recorded the deed for this single-family home, in Logandale, Nev. [see Exhibit No. 3]. HARTER’S failure to disclose to the bankruptcy court this single-family home, valued at over $300,000, shows that HARTER perpetrated further fraud.
(12) HARTER Defrauded the Bankruptcy Court: Based on facts in the public domain, it appears that— ·Judge HARTER wrongfully submitted a fraudulent income statement to the bankruptcy court, (Official Form “122A-1”), falsely alleging a monthly income of $-0-; ·Judge HARTER wrongfully committed perjury in his income statement to the bankruptcy court, (Official Form “122A-1”); ·Judge HARTER wrongfully failed to disclose, during the bankruptcy, that he had come into possession of a single-family home worth over $300,000; ·Judge HARTER wrongfully conspired with “Michael L. Bolton” to commit mortgage fraud in connection with the V.A. home loan.
a Complaint Against Judge Mathew Harter, p. 4 c
NEVADA CODE OF JUDICIAL CONDUCT— (13) Judicial Canon No. 1: JUDGE MATHEW HARTER violates Nevada Code of Judicial Conduct, Canon No. 1, which provides that— “A judge shall uphold and promote the independence, integrity, and impartiality of the judiciary and shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.” [NCJC, Canon No. 1; emphases added].
(14) Integrity of the Judiciary: Judge HARTER does not “uphold the integrity of the judiciary.” It appears he has committed bankruptcy fraud, perjury, and presumably, mortgage fraud. This violates the People’s right to a fair judiciary.
(15) Appearance of Impropriety: Judge HARTER does not “avoid the appearance of impropriety.” On the contrary, Judge HARTER creates glaring appearances of improprieties. It appears he has committed bankruptcy fraud, perjury, and presumably, mortgage fraud. This violates the People’s right to a fair judiciary.
(16) Public Policy: Where judges file bankruptcy, the very act of declaring bankruptcy creates an appearance of impropriety. Judges earn more than three times the average citizen. Judges are supposed to be prudent and cautious. Unless there are catastrophic medical bills, judges should not be filing bankruptcy in the first place. It just looks bad. Notably, court records reveal that Judge HARTER’S bankruptcy was business-related, i.e., unrelated to catastrophic medical bills.
(17) The Specter of Judicial Bribery: It goes without saying; where judges are underwater in their personal finances, and such facts are available to the general public, it makes desperate judges more amenable to judicial bribery.
(18) Rule 1.1—Compliance with the Law: “A judge shall comply with the law, including the Code of Judicial Conduct,” [NCJC Rule 1.1]. However, JUDGE MATHEW HARTER fails to comply with the law. Judge HARTER, it appears, has committed bankruptcy fraud, perjury, and presumably, mortgage fraud, which violates the People’s right to a fair judiciary.
a Complaint Against Judge Mathew Harter, p. 5 c
(19) Rule 1.2—Promoting Confidence in the Judiciary: “A judge shall act … in a manner that promotes public confidence in the judiciary,” [NCJC Rule 1.1]. However, JUDGE MATHEW HARTER fails to promote confidence in the judiciary. Judge HARTER, it appears, has committed bankruptcy fraud, perjury, and presumably, mortgage fraud, which violates the People’s right to a fair judiciary.
(20) Rule 1.2—Avoiding the Appearance of Impropriety: “A judge shall … avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety,” [NCJC Rule 1.1]. Truth is, HARTER fails to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Again, HARTER, it appears, has committed bankruptcy fraud, perjury, and presumably, mortgage fraud, which violates the People’s right to a fair judiciary. SUMMARY & CONCLUSION—
(21) Factual Summary: JUDGE MATHEW HARTER, it would appear, has committed bankruptcy fraud. And this is totally unacceptable! It violates every moral precept of what it means to be a judge. No right-minded citizen, upon learning the facts, would believe that HARTER deserves the title, “Your Honor.”
(22) Legal Conclusion: JUDGE MATHEW HARTER violates Nevada Code of Judicial Conduct— ·Canon No. 1 – (“failure to promote the integrity of the judiciary”); ·Rule 1.1 – (“compliance with the law”); ·Rule 1.2 – (“promoting confidence in the judiciary”); ·Rule 1.2 – (“appearance of impropriety”).
(23) Final Thought: Judge HARTER, it appears, committed bankruptcy fraud, and the proof layout in the open—in the public domain. Judge HARTER boldly acted in “plain view” of the general public, right under the nose of a federal judge! One shudders to imagine the corruption that goes on in the private universe of HARTER’S courtroom, where sealed family court cases lay beyond public scrutiny, and the lives of countless parents and children are ruined on a daily basis.
a Complaint Against Judge Mathew Harter, p. 6 c
(24) HARTER Must Be Removed from the Bench: Judge HARTER poses a clear and present danger to Nevada families. Judge HARTER must be removed from the bench immediately. In light of what appears to be blatant bankruptcy fraud, Judge HARTER’S continued presence on the bench is a prolonged insult to the People of Nevada.
(25) Motivational Quote: “Judicial corruption cannot exist unless it is at least tolerated at the higher levels.” If HARTER gets away with this, the People of Nevada are doomed—because it shows that higher-level judges are totally willing to tolerate corrupt district court judges. However, we are decidedly unwilling to tolerate any judicial corruption—at any level—in any courthouse. / / / / / / / / / / / /
a Complaint Against Judge Mathew Harter, p. 7 c
a AFFIDAVIT of STEVE SANSON c My name is STEVE SANSON. I am the President of Veterans In Politics International. All the within allegations are true and correct of my own personal knowledge. If called upon to testify, I could and would give competent and truthful evidence.
1. Exhibit No. 1 is a true and correct copy of Official Form 122A-1, signed under penalty of perjury by HARTER on Dec. 21, 2015, and filed by HARTER on Dec. 22, 2015. In this document, HARTER falsely claims that his income is $-0-.
2. Exhibit No. 2 is a true and correct copy of a screenshot taken at the website, Transparent Nevada. This screenshot shows that, back in 2015, HARTER received an annual salary of $185,440.74 per year, (plus benefits of $56,419.61, for a total of $241,860.35 in compensation).
3. Exhibit No. 3 is a true and correct copy of a deed to the single-family home in Logandale, Nevada that HARTER recorded on May 6, 2016. HARTER took title to this home during the bankruptcy, but he never reported it to the bankruptcy court. I hereby declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Nevada the foregoing is both true and correct.
Dated: Dec. 4, 2020. Steve Sanson, President Veterans In Politics International P.O. Box 28211 Las Vegas, Nev., 89126 Tel: (702) 283-8088 * * *
CLICK ONTO EACH PHOTO TO VIEW: